The Managed Hosting
Managed web hosting is a type of dedicated hosting wherein management of a company’s/client’s server account is delegated to an expert staff or team. As a result of this, clients are able to focus their attention more on other equally important businesses processes.
This type of hosting is perfect for:
Managed web hosting is best suited for those with not much knowledge and experience with severs and online technology. Because dedicated servers are a lot more complex to manage and maintain, it would be beneficial for a beginner who lacks technical skills and know-how to have fully managed web hosting. If, on the other hand, you have a level of technical expertise and are running on a shoestring budget, you may want to try unmanaged web hosting.
This type of web hosting is also excellent for small businesses that are looking to have strong online brands and identities but are deficient of time and experience to manage the servers themselves.
Large business companies will also greatly benefit from managed hosting. Having partially or completely managed servers will free up their time and resources and perform other business activities with minimal to no hassle.
The best things about this hosting are:
Choosing to avail of managed web hosting will afford clients a multitude of benefits. The following are the key advantages of getting managed hosting:
- As expert professionals are the ones in charge of managing their hosting accounts, clients can be assured that their sites are in safe and very capable hands.
- 24/7 support. This form of hosting offers 24/7 technical assistance to their clients. S service provider’s technical support team actively monitors the web owner’s site, hardware, and network. So, if problems arise in the wee hours of the morning, the team will promptly respond and fix those problems.
- Higher bandwidth and bigger web space. As managed hosting is a type of dedicated hosting package, servers are not shared with other owners. Because of this, clients are able to enjoy higher bandwidth and a much bigger web space compared to other hosting plans. With managed hosting, servers operate with higher uptime eliminating the chances of clients encountering heavy website or network traffic and/or connection problems.
- Better value for money. Because managed server providers are manned with highly experienced professionals, web owners need not worry about investing their resources on training their own staff to get the same of level of technical know-how and expertise. Therefore, getting a managed hosting package, although not cheap, will provide a cost-effective solution for clients in the long run.
- Extensive Features. Having a managed hosting plan will definitely get clients more than what they have paid for. This type of package offers an extensive range of features that a company will find important and indispensible to managing its server.
The not-so-good stuff:
Perhaps the most obvious disadvantage of investing on a managed hosting server is its cost. Managed hosting packages are generally the priciest of all web hosting plans. The reason for this it provides the most extensive services and requires regular monitoring and maintenance. Compared to unmanaged servers or servers managed by the actual web owners, this is certainly a more costly option.
Another significant disadvantage of managed hosting is that service providers set a limit to storage space and data transfer rates which the client must strictly conform to. Failure to adhere to these limitations will possibly result in penalties for the client.
What we think…
Because of the many benefits that managed web hosting can offer, having a few disadvantages should not discourage any prospective client from taking advantage of its convenient and efficient services. If you are one who do not know much about the technicalities of web hosting or perhaps just do not have the time and resources to constantly update and manage your site content, purchasing a managed web hosting package is absolutely the best solution for you.
- Managed Server Security Services
- Managed Server Monitoring
- Managed Database Administration
- Managed Backup Services
- How Much Should I Pay for Managed Hosting?
- Can I Get Shared Hosting with Managed Service?
- What Operating Systems are Available on Managed Hosting?
- Managed Hosting vs Dedicated Server Hosting
- Managed Hosting vs Colocation
- What to look for in a Managed Hosting Provider