When you are searching for a web hosting company, one thing that often comes up in searches is probably Linux. This is because this type of web hosting is almost similar in popularity with Windows web hosting. No matter what type of web hosting you are planning to get, make sure that you know how it works first and what are the pros and cons that you are likely to encounter in that web hosting. There is no perfect web hosting for every business but there is bound to be a type of hosting that will best fit your needs. In order to do this, you have to do your research.
The Linux Web Hosting
To know about Linux web hosting, you have to more and understand what Linux is. Linux is an operating system that is similar to the different Windows operating systems. Linux is available for everyone as this is a free source code.
Linux web hosting is popular because it is easy to use and very affordable. Linux has gained a reputation of being reliable and stable together with a secure domain registration.
The Type of Hosting is Perfect for
Webmasters who want to build an e-commerce site prefer to use Linux. Amateur developers who are searching for a personalized solution can also find Linux favourable to them. Linux web hosting is ideal for web developers and online companies that are looking for diversity.
Linux web hosting has also proven to have a positive response for business professionals in huge corporations. Today, there are a big percentage of businesses that are using this type of web hosting.
The Best Things about this Hosting are
These are the reasons why Linux web hosting is very hard to resist:
- Being an open source platform made Linux very affordable. This means that any developer from any part of the world can change the code. This makes it cheaper as compared to Windows. There is also no licensing fee to pay for.
- In terms on compatibility, Linux is more flexible because anyone can make changes due to it being an open source.
- The major selling point of Linux is its security. This is the most secure among the other hosting platforms which makes it the most preferred hosting solution for a lot of businesses and web developers. Being an open source system means that if there are bugs that can make the system unstable, developers can easily make changes to it.
- Linux web hosting loads faster than others. There are impatient users and they are growing more and more each they which is why faster websites can get more visitors. Aside from being fast Linux also offers more stability compared to other hosting platforms.
- Linux can be easily converted to Windows hosting if you want to and you will not encounter problems.
- If you want to update and increase your website, Linux hosting is highly recommended.
- Linux web hosting supports different types of databases including MySQL.
The Not-So-Good Stuff
There are also disadvantages when you are running on Linux web hosting. These are things to consider when you are planning on Linux web hosting.
- Support for Windows-based technologies such as ASP can be a problem. This is a popular script that is used in many websites that has a lot of extensions which are not compatible with Linux.
- Being a free source, no company is responsible for the use of Linux. If you are new and encountering problems with the system, you may find it hard to find support.
- A newcomer may have a hard time learning about this system and may not be an ideal system for them.
What We Think
Linux web hosting has its advantages and disadvantages just like any other type of hosting. There are a lot of compatible applications in Linux which makes it friendly for web developers. With this type of hosting, you will also be able to save a lot. If you want stability and great savings, Linux web hosting is the one for you.